Glacier Hike Around Santiago
Experience the beauty surrounding Santiago, from the glaciers and snow-capped peaks of the Andes, to the tranquil Baños Colina natural hot springs. Forget traveling long distances: the natural beauty of El Morado hanging glacier is a breathtakingly scenic drive from the city.
What You'll See
San José de Maipo
Las Arenas Valley
Glaciers & Volcanic Formations
Andes Mountain Range
Baños Colina Natural Hot Springs
San José Volcano
Local Family-Run Cafe
Click the Tabs to Learn More
80,000 CLP | 118 USD
We offer a discounted rate to groups of 5 or more. Please get in touch for more information.
7:30am from your hotel/hostel in Santiago
20:00 at your hotel/hostel in Santiago
October to May
We can accommodate groups of 2-8 people.
If you have a larger group, please contact us, and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
- Transportation in a 4×4 truck
- Energy-boosting snacks during and post trek
- Entrance fee to the hot springs
- We take lots of photos during the excursion, and we’ll provide you with a digital copy
- Fully qualified tour guides who are also trained in first aid
- Adventure Travel Insurance (Metlife)
What to Bring
- A towel and swimsuit for the hot springs
- Additional money for souvenirs
- Tips for the guides
About the Guides
Our guides can speak English, Spanish, and German and are certified in first aid.
The Natural Beauty of Chile Awaits!
Your bilingual guide will collect you from your hotel in central Santiago and drive you to San José de Maipo, a small town in the heart of the Maipo Valley. Witness the landscape change from high-rise buildings to imposing mountains and deep valleys – and that’s just the car ride! Surrounded by the famed vineyards of the Maipo Valley, and with the Andes as a backdrop, sample a typical Chilean breakfast in a deeply traditional village. Next, we’ll drive to Las Arenas Valley. With over 86 species of animals residing here, expect to see wild horses, donkeys and, if we’re lucky, the condors that nest in the high peaks of the Andes. Beginning at 8530 feet (2600 m), journey past stone formations, local wildlife, and impressive expanses of ice on a hike to the hanging glacier, El Morado, before heading to Baños Colina natural hot springs (10,663 feet or 3250 m), nestled at the bottom of the San José volcano. Don’t worry: during the 5-hour hike (3 hours of ascent and 2 hours of descent) we will make plenty of stops and provide snacks! We will also leave all our belongings in our secure transport to make the most of the hike. After spending a good few hours trekking, the breathtaking spectacle of the lagoon will be sure to recharge you!
- Our guides can speak English, Spanish, and German
- Please let us know in advance if you have any medical conditions so that we can be fully prepared for the tour
- Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements. We can cater to vegetarians and vegans if you let us know in advance
- Flecha Extrema aims to be as inclusive as possible because the beauty of Chile should be accessible to all. Please get in touch if you have a group with special requirements, and we will try our best to accommodate your needs
- Flecha Extrema is not responsible for lost items